Check out the list of healthy foods for gorgeous skin and beautiful hair.
Your diet contributes a great deal towards making you beautiful.
Therefore eating a proper healthy diet is important to keep looking
beautiful. Given below are a number of food items that you should
include in your beauty diet.
- Almonds: These nuts are known for their anti-aging
properties. They contain a lot of vitamin E and have a high amount
of fatty acids that help to keep your skin supple. Almonds also
contain antioxidant selenium. Do not too many of them as they will
add calories. A handful is enough.
- Protein: To keep nails strong and moisturized by eating
plenty of protein. Protein helps in the build up of keratin. Keratin
is the substance that makes up nails. Skinless, boneless chicken
breast, lean turkey, tuna and beans are rich in proteins.
- Vitamin B: Food that is rich in vitamin B makes your hair
shiny. Important sources of this vitamin are eggs, milk, green
vegetables and poultry. Silica is important to keep your hair
elastic, shiny and healthy. Raw oats, cucumber skin, onions and bean
sprouts are rich in this mineral.
- Fish: Eating oily fish like salmon that contain omega-3
fatty acids will help hydrating and nourishing skin.
- Zinc and Calcium: Both these minerals help in eradicating
pimples. Zinc is found in oysters, turkey, seafood, eggs and milk.
Calcium is no doubt good for your bones, but helps in clearing your
skin too. Calcium rich foods like skim milk, low-fat cheese and
yogurt. These foods not only remove pimples but reduce wrinkles as
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps in the build up of collagen,
which reduces wrinkles. When your skin has more collagen your skin
retains its elasticity and wrinkles take longer to form. Kiwi fruit
is the best source of vitamin C. Other good sources are oranges,
mango, honeydew and papaya.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is known to ease the swelling and
redness associated with sunburns. Swelling causes the stretching of
skin that in turns leads to wrinkle formation. Eat plenty of peaches
and blueberries to increase the build up of vitamin E in your body.
- Vitamin C and Iron: Vitamin C and iron together help to
reduce the dark circles under your eyes. Eat skinless chicken and
red, yellow and orange peppers. These are rich in both and will help
in reducing dark circles.
- Water: Drink as much as water as you can. Water removes
the toxins from the body and refreshes your skin and makes in glow.
Water hydrates your skin and keeps it supple.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contains skin-caner-fighting
antioxidants: beta-carotene, vitamin C and lycopene. Eat tomatoes in
any form and you will ingest these antioxidants. To increase the
body's absorption of lycopene cook tomatoes in a little olive oil.
- Apples and Celery: To remove stain from the enamel of
your teeth eat crunchy foods like apples and celery.
Comment On This Article