Check out shaving tips for women and know how to avoid irritation, ingrown hair and nicks
Shaving Tips For Women
Shaving among women became the rage during World War II when the supply
of nylon stockings plummeted. It was then that the trend of bare legs
started and to this day is a fashion statement. Today though many women
wax their legs, shaving is still the least expensive way to remove your
hair. Shaving has to be done carefully or it will result in nicks and
irritation. Here are a few shaving tips for women to ensure that they
are doing it right.
- Do not shave dry skin. Wet your skin and let the moisture soften
your skin. Shaving is a natural exfoliator and if your skin is dry,
your razor will get blocked with dead skin and you are likely to
nick yourself as well.
- Do not waste money by buying creams specially made for women, as
they are almost the same as those made for men.
- To find the perfect razor you will just have to use all those
available and choose the one that you like best. You can ask your
friends who shave to recommend razors. Look for a razor with
lubricated strips, pivoting heads and spring mounted multiple
- Exfoliate before you shave to ensure that the dead skin cells do
not clog your razor and prevent a close shave.
- For your legs you will have begin shaving from your ankles and
then work upwards. For your underarms you will have to shave in
every direction as hair grows in every direction under your arm.
- After you have finished shaving apply oil or moisturizer. The
skin on your leg has few oil glands and hence may become dry.
- When hair curls back under the skin it caused ingrown hairs. To
avoid ingrown hairs exfoliate everyday and use a glycolic acid body
- If you have a chronic case of ingrown hairs then use a lotion
that is specially made for ingrown hairs, that is easily available
at the chemists. Apply it in the morning and at night and the bumps
will vanish within a few days.
- If you shave your legs coarse hair will grow back fast. Therefore
consider waxing your legs at least.
Comment On This Article