Check out some effective home remedies for swollen and sore feet.
How to Relieve Swollen Feet
While most of you are too conscious about your face,
did you ever think that your feet also require some attention? Your feet
are the most used and abused part of your body. Right from the time you
wake up in the morning, to the time when you go back to bed at night,
your feet are constantly being used. Though most of us exploit our feet
to the maximum, we rarely bother of consciously resting or relieving
them. The result - extremely tired and swollen feet!! The need to relax,
revitalize and soothe the feet, after a long day of standing, walking or
wearing uncomfortable shoes, scores high on many people's wish list. In
the following lines, we have provided some tips for getting relief from
swollen and tired feet.
Tips To Relieve Tired & Swollen Feet
- The easiest way to get relief from tired and swollen feet would
be to dip them in a bucket of cold water. You can even keep your
feet under a cold-water tap.
- Another effective method would be to take cold drink cans from
the refrigerator and roll them over the feet. It will provide
relaxing effect, kicking away bouts of tiredness or swollenness.
- Place your feet on a pillow and rest for about twenty minutes.
Elevated feet helps in getting relief from tired and swollen feet.
- Rubbing feet with peppermint oils and fragrant herbal oils are
effective in treating swollen feet. Massaging would improve
circulation, which in turn will reduce edema.
- This might come to you as a surprise but rolling a tennis ball
under your feet for several minutes is an effective way of
exercising the feet and treating tiredness.
- Take two buckets of hot and ice-cold water respectively. Soak
your feet first in the bucket of hot water (keep it as hot as you
can bare) for about 10 minutes. Thereafter, quickly switch to the
bucket containing ice cold water for about 30 seconds. Repeat the
process several times a day.
- Mix 2 tsp of castor or jojoba, 3 drops of lavender essential oil,
1 drop each of German chamomile essential oil and geranium essential
oil in a small bowl and massage gently into your feet. Once you do
this put your feet up for sometime. Wash your feet with a mild soap
and apply nourishing cream on your feet.
- Massaging from ginger essential oil is effective for reducing
swelling. Apart from alleviating pain and soothing aches, it also