Great looking hands with nicely painted nails are an important asset for any woman. Check out tips and tricks on applying nail polish.
Applying Nail Polish
Nail polish remover not only wipes off the old color but also the
grease from the nails and makes the new color coat stay put for longer
period of time. Apply thing coat of nail polish, let it dry and then
apply another coat. Even if you want a glossier effect, go for more than
two thin coats rather than a thick coat of polish as it dries sooner and
lasts longer and do not chip off easily. It is advisable to use the
remover and applying nail polish only once or twice a week to prevent
your nails from drying. Even if you do this, be sure to use removers
with built-in moisturizers to keep your nails healthy. There are some
tricks to keep in mind while painting your nails or give them the
- For the flawless French Manicure, use a white nail pencil to line
the nail tip from beneath for that pure white clean look instead of
white nail polish.
- Do not forget to a weekly hand massage to pamper yourself,
increase your circulation and enhance nail growth.
- To make the chip-resistant nail enamels last longer, submerge
your freshly painted nails in a bowl of ice-cold water for 30
- While running for the car, you will just need five seconds to put
a wide stripe of a quick-drying nail varnish down the center and you
are ready to go!
- If your nail polish has chipped to an extent that touchups are of
no use, better use the remover rather than trying to hide it under a
coat of nail paint that makes the texture of your nails took uneven.
- You may sometimes even get away with cleaning the nails
underneath, rubbing on the buffing cream and use chamois buffer for
the healthy shine.
- Remember never to file the corner of your nails as it weakens
them amd make them brittle.
- Get fashionable and funky by doing your nails in a solid color
and allowing them to dry. Then use a toothpick to make a diagonal
line across your nails in a different color. More skilled artists
can go for more complicated patterns of their own.
- For club night outs or hot dates, try metallic glints; nail
piercing, nail tattoos and embellishments. If your nails are not as
long as you desire, you can opt for fake nails too.
- A hasty French manicure look can be achieved by using a neutral
shade as the base paint and the white shade on the tips of your
- For shimmer and glitter, use a coat of clear gloss or sparkle on
your dried nail polish. Silver glitter looks best on dark blue and
black shades while gold glitter goes well with red shade. They are
the best choices for bridal look or on weddings of near and dear
ones and formal wear.