Eyebrow waxing needs more skill and one must determine shape and arch of desired eyebrows beforehand. Here are tips on how to wax eyebrows at home.
One of the easiest ways to get rid of the extra hair around your brow
line, waxing is definitely note for those with very sensitive skin. It
is more expensive than plucking your eyebrows but lasts longer too. It
should best be done under professional supervision. Here are some tips
to do eyebrow waxing:
- Before waxing the brows, it is important to prepare them
beforehand using a baby toothbrush to define their natural shape.
- Apply astringent on the brow area to make it numb for sometime.
- Calculate the length of the eyebrow you want by holding a ruler
parallel to your nose, leveling it with the inner corner of the eye
to see where you the brow should begin and mark the point with a dot
using the brow pencil.
- For people with close-set eyes, gap between the brows should be
left wider while those whose eyes are far apart; the gap should be
less for a balancing illusion.
- To calculate the curve and mark the highest point of the brow
arch, hold the ruler from the edge of the nostril past the outer
edge of the iris up to the eyebrow and mark it with a dot too.
- Link the dots in a gentle smooth arch that slightly tapers at the
- You will need a professional waxing kit that comes with a jar of
hot wax which, a small spatula and muslin removal strips.
- Warm the wax to an optimum temperature by keeping the jar in
boiling water and then use the spatula to apply a thin layer of wax
on the stray hairs under the eyebrow in the direction of the hair
and remove it using the strips in the opposite direction of the hair
growth as directed on the kit before the wax dries.
- Never wax above the eyebrows.
- For thick growth, it is better and less painful to wax off a
little hair at the time.
- Pluck any stray hair using a set of good tweezers and apply a
soothing balm on the area.
- Be careful enough to avoid direct sun light, acid based facial
treatments, and liquid makeup for some hours at least.
- Emphasize your brows using an eyebrow pencil or tinted brow
Comment On This Article