There are certain foods that may enhance the radiance of your skin, hair, and give your metabolism a kick start. Check out the list of these beauty foods.
There is no doubt that all of us want to look beautiful, slim and fit.
One has to exercise sufficiently to look good. But it is important to
eat the right kind of diet to look beautiful. There are a number of
beauty foods that are healthy and help in enhancing your looks. Given
below some foods that you can add to your diet if you want to look
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This vinegar has a number of healing
properties and it makes the skin soft and supple. Apple cider
vinegar is concentrated with enzymes and these help peel off dead
skin cells. It breaks down fat and helps food digest properly.
- Carrots: Help to maintain the outer layer of the skin to
prevent premature aging. It works just like Retin A.
- Cheese: Make a slice or two of hard cheese a part of your
diet. Cheese helps to prevent bacteria from growing in the mouth and
prevents cavities. Choose between Swiss, cheddar or Gouda.
- Citrus Fruits: These fruits hold the skin cells together
by forming collagen. Collagen cannot be added to the skin topically
and hence fruits and juices must be made an integral part of your
- Cranberries: These berries keep the urinary tract lining
- Garlic: Helps to combat wrinkles and restores tissues.
- Nonfat Yogurt: Is high is calcium and helps to keep your
smile white and your teeth cavity-free.
- Sweet Potatoes: These potatoes are full of vitamin A and
vitamin A is known for being an anti-wrinkling agent. The result of
eating this vegetable is smoother skin.
- Tomatoes: This vegetable does wonders to your skin.
Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium.
- Wheat Germ: To get rid of pimples efficiently include two
or three tablespoons of wheat germ in your diet. You add this to
your cereal, yogurt and cottage cheese.
Here are some general tips about a beauty diet:
- Vegetables: you should have three to five servings of
vegetables daily. Include one serving of raw, leafy greens.
- Do not have more than three-ounce servings a day. Take off all
the fat. Try to include two servings of turkey or chicken and a
serving of fish a day is ideal.
- Fruits: Have two to three servings everyday. ½ cup
of chopped or sliced fruit is one serving.
- Dairy: Have at least two servings daily. One serving is
eight ounces of milk or yogurt.
- Fats: Salad dressing, cooking oil, butter and mayonnaise
should be limited to two servings a day.
Eat these foods for beauty and follow the beauty diet
and you will notice that over a short period of time you are looking
better than you did before.