Perfectly shaped eyebrows enhance the beauty of your face. Find out how to shape eyebrows with these eyebrow shaping tips.
Eyebrow Shaping Tips
Perfect eyebrows almost transcend the beauty of the face and make an
immediate visible impact in a makeover session. The most coveted eyebrow
shape is the one that starts directly above the inner corner of the eye,
while its highest point is little beyond the outer corner of the iris.
It tapers off to the end in a rounded bow like shape. However, not many
women have been endowed with that perfect brow so most of them have to
resort to many other procedures to attain the desired shape or reach
nearest to it such as plucking, tweezing and waxing the brows. Here are
some simple tips to tame your brows:
- Spray a little hair spray on your brows and brush them using your
toothbrush to keep them in place.
- If you don't have time for tweezing, you can get the desired
contour quickly by brushing them upwards and then snipping the
longest hairs beyond the natural arch using a pair of tiny scissors.
- Eyebrows slanting upwards make you look angry, so be careful not
to take off too much at the outer corners.
- Before tweezing your brows, you must prepare your skin by wiping
the brow area with a cotton ball soaked in astringent. The cooling
effect numbs the skin for sometime and thus, you do not feel much
- Hold the tweezers at 45 degrees and pluck the stray hairs below
the brow line in the direction of the hair growth.
- If your brows are sparse, use a freshly sharpened brow pencil to
fill in the areas with light, quick strokes.
- To get a natural and more defined look, you can brush your brows
with a brow brush dipped in brow powder in upward and outward
- It is important to use the correct shade for your brows. Fair
women can use blonde shades while olive colored women should choose
tawny or brown. Dark African-American women can use gray shades.
- To add volume to your brows, use a stiff, slanted brush to apply
eye shadow in short gentle strokes.
- In case, you have over tweezed certain brow area, try to fill the
patch using brow shadow, applying in the direction of the hair
- Eye shadow gives more natural look to your brows than an eyebrow
- Brow shade should be about two shades lighter than hair color for
olive or dark skinned women and two shades darker than hair color
blondes or women with grey hair.