Your nails form a very important part of your hands and they too need to be well taken care of. Check out tips on how to have beautiful nails.
How to Have Beautiful Nails
Your nails form a very important part of your hands
and they too need to be well taken care of. Well-kept hands, with neat,
clean and healthy nails, are a pleasure to behold. On the other hand,
dirty and poorly kept nails will make your hands look ugly, even though
the latter are healthy and well cared for. In other words, we can say
that for your hands to look beautiful, your nails need to be strong and
healthy. For the purpose, you need to undertake certain steps, such as
cleaning your nails on a regular basis, treating the cuticles properly
and keeping the nails well moisturized. Go through the hand nail care
tips given below and know more on keeping you nails well nurtured and
full of healthy shine.
Nail Care Tips
- To harden soft nails, soak them in warm olive oil for about 20
minutes, on alternate days.
- To remove stains from your nails, mix one tablespoon of lemon
juice in a cup of water and soak your nails in this liquid for a few
minutes. Then, wash off with warm water and apply a hand
- It is not a good idea to remove the cuticles from your nails, as
it will make the nail susceptible to infection. Rather, you should
make use of good quality cuticle oil and gently push back the
cuticles, with the help of an orangewood stick.
- Try to stay away from acetone polish removers as much as you can
and stick to the one that make use of acetate. Still, try not to use
a polish remover more than once a week.
- In case you wear nail polish, make sure to give your nails a
break from time to time. In other words leave them without polish
for a few days, every now and then. Otherwise, they will develop an
ugly, yellow tint.
- If you want to give a natural sheen to your nails, just like the
colorless base coat, rub petroleum jelly on your nails and then buff
them, with the help of a soft cloth.
- If you have brittle nails or split or dull nails, then increasing
your consumption of Organic Silica, Vitamin B (especially B5) and
MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane) will surely help.
- Never ever resort to nail biting, as it is extremely destructive
for the nails as well as the cuticles. If you are in the habit of
biting your nails, drop it as soon as possible.
- Whenever you wash your hands, while bathing as well as otherwise,
make sure to dry the nails properly and apply a hand cream or
lotion, using it on the nails as well. This is because soap makes
the nails dry and brittle.
- The best time to file your nails is when you are already wearing
a polish. This will prevent splitting or breaking of nails.
- If you have brittle nails, it is advisable to wear a nail polish,
or at least the colorless base coat, as much as you can.
Comment On This Article