Buying a perfume can be a daunting task. It is easy to get overwhelmed to the large choice available. Check out these tips before buying perfume.
Perfume Buying Tips
Both men and women use perfumes or fragrances.
Everybody likes to smell nice and pleasant and nobody wants to stink of
body odor. Women have a wide range of perfumes to choose from. There are
perfumes specifically meant for the day and those that are specially
meant for the night. Many people do not know how to buy perfumes. Here
are a few pointers as to how to choose a perfume:
- Try the perfume before you buy it.
- Try buying new perfumes. While buying new perfumes limit yourself
to three perfumes, as your nose will not be able to differentiate
between the perfumes if you try too many.
- The same perfume will smell different on different people because
it will react differently to each person's body.
- Wait for 10 minutes after applying the perfume, it will give you
the right smell after it reacts with your skin.
After buying the perfume of your choice your would
like to get the most out of the perfume. Here are a few tips on how to
get the best out of the perfume:
- Do not expose your perfume to extreme temperature and sunlight.
After the perfume bottle is opened the perfume will change and
exposure to sunlight will disturb the delicate smell of the perfume.
Store it in a cool dark place to keep the fragrance intact.
- Use shower gel, body lotions and body sprays of the same
fragrance as your perfume it will last longer if you do this. Use
your perfume as a highlight on your pulse points finally.
- Perfumes should be used throughout the day. Even concentrated
perfumes do not last for the whole day. You will have to re-apply
every 3-4 hours.
- Use a different perfume for the morning and a different one for
the night. Choose a perfume according to your mood.
Here are some interesting facts about perfumes:
- Women have a keener sense of smell than men.
- The sense of smell is affected by your medication, diet and
- Perfumes react differently on blondes, brunettes and redheads.
- Our ability to remember smell is greater than the ability to
remember things that we have seen.
- Our sense of smell is sharper in the latter half of the day.
- The older you grow the less sharp your sense of smell is.
- Perfumes rise and if worn only on the face or behind the ears, it
will rise and vanish quickly.
- Oily skin holds perfumes better than dry skin.
- Perfume once opened will fade with time.
- Increase in altitude reduces the lasting ability of a perfume.