Blowdrying hair is a great technique, especial for curly and wavy hair. Here are tips and steps on how to blow dry hair at home.
Blow Drying Tips
Blow drying your hair is perhaps the best method to straighten out your
curls without treating them chemically ad it can be easily done at home,
provided you do it the right way. Carelessness in handling the heat on
your hair may damage them permanently. Here are a few tips that you can
use to blow dry your hair:
- Wash your hair and dry them using the towel.
- Apply any thermal protector hair product that protects them from
heat, especially the hair ends.
- Rub some straightening balm in your palms and massage it in your
- Comb your hair using your finger and then use the blow dryer on a
low setting to remove the excess water.
- Take a section of your hair and clip rest of them on top.
- Gently brush through the section from roots to ends using a
thick, round brush while blow-drying your hair, stretching and
straightening your hair at the same time.
- While blow-drying the hair, remember to point the nozzle of the
dryer downside to avoid frizzes.
- If you have flyaway hair, you can tame them by applying an
anti-frizz serum or pomade on it.
- It is better to blow dry hair while brushing the underside first,
so that hairs in the lower section gets dried too and then you can
move on to the topmost layer of hair.
- Keep the tension consistent and distribute the heat evenly over
the section of the hair to ensure uniform drying of hair and that
you do not damage the hair texture.
- Take other sections of hair and keep working on them. It's better
to work from the backside of your hair to the front side.
- If you have two crowns on the top of your head, try drying the
hair first in the opposite direction and then move on to the
direction you want to make them stand uniformly. Drying hair flat to
the scalp can only emphasize the double crown.
- Fully dry each section of hair before moving to the next section,
so that you don't need to redo it again later.
- The best finishing brush that can give you smooth silky hair look
is the large paddle brush.
- If you want to keep curly hair, it is better to blow dry with a
diffuser on low speed and apply the hair product while the hair is