Check out how to choose the correct hair color according to your skin tone.
Choosing Hair Color
If you want to change your appearance the easiest way to do it, is to
do something to your hair. Adding color to your hair is one of the
quickest and most dramatic ways of changing the way you look. But
choosing the right hair color can be a difficult task. Given below is
information about different types of hair color and information about
what color would suit you best.
Types of Hair Color or Dyes:
- Permanent Tints: Is mixed with hydrogen peroxide to lift hair
color. The peroxide opens the hair cuticle to allow the color to
reach the cortex and form the color. The greater the concentrations
of peroxide the quicker and lighter the result.
- Semi-Permanent Colors: They do not lift color. They only vary the
tone of your natural hair color or can be made darker. It has very
little peroxide, which opens the cuticles slightly. Hence the color
will last up to about 20 washes and will fade slowly as you shampoo
- Semi-Permanent Vegetable Colors: It has only vegetable extracts
and natural ingredients. Therefore no color is removed from your
hair. The color is superficially on the surface of the hair and will
be washed away after about 8 shampoos.
Hair Color Tip:
- The hair color you choose should suit your skin color. Light
complexioned people do not look good with very dark hair as it draws
color out of their skin. Dark complexioned people look best with
four or five tones of blonde; chestnut or honey tones also will look
- When you are coloring your hair for the first time don't do it by
yourself. Get it done by a professional.
- Blonde hair color is easy to get on dark brown hair. But your
hair has been permanently colored then this process can become very
- Red hair color is the sexiest shade and attracts most attention.
Most hair is suitable for red hair color. If you are a blonde you
will have to go two or three shades darker than your natural color
to achieve a rich red hair color and this color is not easy to
- Brown hair color suits almost everybody. By varying a shade of
brown with highlights you can achieve a huge range of colors.
- Black hair color is easy to apply and is easy to apply on all
types of hair. But this color looks good only on people with dark or
olive skin color.
It is best to consult a beautician and a professional
before you color your hair for the first time. As they will give the
best advise as to what color is best for your skin tone and for your