Check out some simple home remedies for shining hair.
Tips for Shining Hair
Dull and dreary hair takes away half the beauty of the face. Healthy,
glossy, manageable hair that reflects light and falls around the face
beautifully, is the dream of every woman that is not so difficult to
attain after all. Here are a few tips to make your hair shine:
- Bring instant shine to your hair by lightly beating two eggs in
milk and massaging them in your hair thoroughly. Rinse after five
- A little vodka in your shampoo, if used occasionally, can make
your thick hair shine instantly.
- Yet another way to make your hair shine for blondes is to add two
tablespoons of lemon juice in your rinse water after shampooing,
while brunettes and redheads can add apple cider vinegar to their
- Everybody can get a vibrant hair color by wisely using his or her
garden products! Brunettes can use handful of fresh rosemary sprigs,
blondes can use dried chamomile, orange-tone redheads can use
chopped up carrot while berry-tone redheads can use chopped up beet.
Boil one quart of water. Tie the suitable ingredient according to
your hair color in a piece of doubled cheesecloth and toss it into
the boiling water. Remove them from heat and let the water soak the
color for about 10 minutes. Then, remove the cheesecloth bag.
Shampoo and rinse your hair thoroughly. Pour the color enhancer you
have prepared over your hair, while it is warm. Be sure it is not
hot. Rinse it finally with a quart of cold water. Do this once a
month for that lustrous hair posed by models.
- Honey is good for skin and hair. Take 4 cups of warm water and
stir 1 teaspoon of honey in it. Pour it into your hair after
shampooing and let the hair dry as normal. You don't need to rinse
- Over-processed hair lose their shine too so be careful nor to
overuse all those chemical hair products in the market. Silicone
products add shine to hair momentarily but are difficult to wash out
causing a buildup that make your hair dull. Vinegar rinse should be
used sparingly too or it may dry out your hair.
- Cold water rinsing makes your hair look shinier as it closes and
smoothens the hair cuticle. To further enhance the shine, you can
use a finishing crème during and after blow-drying your hair.
- Adding shine to gray hair and keeping them from getting that
yellow tint can be difficult. However a professional gloss treatment
at the salon seals the cuticle and makes the hair look shinier than
ever. It lasts for five weeks.
- Heat activated shampoos and weekly deep conditioning for your
hair keep them glossy.