Check out makeup tips and tricks for monsoons and rainy season.
Monsoon Makeup Tips
In monsoons, dense makeup has a risk of being smudged and washed out
severely and so light and sheer makeup is more advisable. Use waterproof
mascara, transfer-resistant lipsticks and waterproof liners and may even
use waterproof foundation, if it is a must for you. Indian girls can put
their 'kajal' (kohl) away until winters. Here are some tips to keep you
pretty when it is raining cats and dogs:
- Wash and cleanse the face thoroughly and rub an ice cube on your
face for 5 to 10 minutes to lower the sweating rate so that the
makeup stays put for longer period of time.
- Women with oily skin can use astringent while women with dry to
normal skin can use toner after the ice to cool and refresh the
- Avoid foundation and prepare the base of your makeup using powder
- Sheer film of light brown, beige, pastel or pink cream eye shadow
can be used along with a think line of eyeliner and use a coat or
two of waterproof mascara.
- Soft matte lipsticks are preferable to most ladies during
monsoons but you may use a soft brown or pink shade with sheer
- Do not neglect to use water-based moisturizers during rainy
season to keep away the oily skin, acne and water loss due to
perspiration and sweating.
- Keep your hairstyles simple and easy. Elaborate hairstyles are
more difficult to manage and redo and limp damp hair do not look
good with them. You may use bangs and layered hairstyles instead.
- Bright jewelry is in vogue during monsoons but this is the
minimalist year, so you may opt for stone studded light jewelry.
- If you must you blush, keep it light and blend it well. Cream
blush in shades of pink, peach and brown can be used.
- During this time, keep your eyebrows in shape with threading and
hair gel for you cannot use eyebrow pencil during a downpour.
- Wash you hair regularly and massage your scalp regularly to keep
dandruff and other hair problems out of your way.
- Denims are not for monsoons; wear light cotton fabrics, capri
pants and three fourths.
- Umbrellas and raincoats are also in fashion. Buy some in cheerful
- White and light colors can easily get muddy, so avoid them.
- Throw your leather booths and high heels at the back and wear
sneakers and sandals.