Lip-gloss makes your lips look voluminous, apart from highlighting them on the face.
Applying Lip Gloss
Do you want to accentuate your lips? How about trying
lip gloss or shine? The glossy effect is known to add an 'oomph' factor
to your face. Lip-gloss makes your lips look voluminous, apart from
highlighting them on the face. They can either be applied over the
lipstick or alone for a more natural and nude lip look. Lip gloss and
lip shine are available in various shapes, size and colors that are
convenient to use and give a shimmer and shine to your lips that you
have always wished for. Also, lip glosses available today, are mostly
water resistant and promise to lasts for long periods of time. One can
effectively make the lips look more beautiful with the help of lip gloss
and other lip products and use it strategically for lip correction. In
the following lines, we have provided some tips on applying lip gloss,
just for you.
Tips For Applying Lip Gloss
- Before putting on a lip gloss, apply a light film of Chapstick or
lip balm. It moisturizes and nourishes the lips, keeping them
naturally rosy. Apart from protecting and healing, Chapstick also
helps the lip color to set more effectively.
- The best way to get a lasting effect of lip gloss would be to
first, apply a lipstick to your lips and then, blot off the extra
color using the tissue paper. Later, apply a thin layer of lip
powder on them and apply a second coat of color. Complete the look,
by applying lip gloss to make your lips look shinier than ever.
- To tone down the shine, take a tissue paper and put it against on
lips and press little loose powder through it. Only a bit of it will
get sifted through it and will instantly reduce the shiny effect.
- In case you are performing for a stage show and are required to
radiate an extremely glamorous look, go for lip lacquer. It will
give a greater shine to your lips.
- To give a fuller look, direct the lip-gloss to the center of the
mouth. Apply the gloss in short strokes, until the natural line of
your lips has been filled.
- For women who use matte lipsticks, you can avoid it from drying
and flaking, by using a lip primer or color fixative, before
- Special effects and highlights can be achieved, by using sheer
silver, gold or iridescent lip gloss over lip color. This would be
great for an evening wet look.
- It is recommended to use creamy lipsticks for daily purpose. This
would help to keep the lips moisturized. For adding an intense wet
look, apply lip gloss to transform your makeup from matte daytime
look to glossy night party look.
- Women with thick lips are advised to use lip gloss very
sparingly, as it would make your lips look all the more fuller.
Comment On This Article