Concealers come in various textures and shades – each designed for specific types of skin. Check out how to choose concealers.
Concealer, as the name suggests, is used to conceal
or camouflage skin imperfections such as blemishes, under-eye circles,
spider veins, dark spots, pimples, scars and birth marks, in order to
make the skin look flawless. A concealer is usually denser than
foundation and is available in creamy liquid, stick, creams and with
matte finish. It can also be used to conceal the ruddy areas and
freckles on the face. It is very important to make the right choice of
the concealer, because the wrong shade can over-emphasize the spots that
are covered up, making them even more prominent. Here in the article, we
have given some tips on choosing concealers.
Tips To Hide Skin Blemishes
- When you shop for a concealer, it is better to choose one that
comes in the natural shade of your skin tone or one or two shades
lighter than your foundation. That way, you will be assured that the
concealer and foundation will blend to hide your skin flaws and give
you the desired look.
- If your skin is very dry, then opt for a liquid concealer, to
hide the imperfections on the skin.
- Liquid concealer is the best makeup to hide dark circles under
the eyes. You can opt for white solid concealer in order to cover up
pimples, scars and bruises on your face.
- Concealer in the consistency of a cream is best suited for all
skin types, because it can blend with the skin easily. Be sure to
use the pat-and-blend technique of applying the concealer.
- For the perfect flawless look, place a dim-size drop of concealer
on your finger tip. Now, pat the concealer onto the area in
- If you want to cover up your under-eye circle, apply concealer
both outside and under the eyes, so that the color blends into your
- In case you are using a liquid or solid foundation, apply the
foundation first, and then the concealer. On the other hand, if you
are using a cream or powder foundation, make use of the concealer
first, followed by the foundation.
- Imperfections in delicate areas such as under-eye can be best
covered by a creamy concealer. You may use dry concealer for other
areas, such as cheeks or forehead.
- Do not use concealers with white, pink or green base, because the
shade often doesn't match the skin tone, which would make the flaws
look prominent rather than covered.
- While using a concealer, be sure to blend it well to your skin,
so that there is no discernible edge between the area (where you
have applied the concealer) and the rest of the face, where you
haven't applied it.
Comment On This Article